Official Rules & Regulations
Saturday, May 7 and Sunday, May 8
Open to all cowboys and cowgirls who think they have what it takes to run the treacherous mountain course!
- Entry fee is $50 for each day (Saturday, May 7 and Sunday, May 8).
- Contestants may compete both days. Saturday’s winner will compete with a handicap on Sunday.
- Fees must be paid at the pre-qualifying run.
- Download Contestant Release form.
- Contestants may fax the release form to (559) 564-8562, or bring the form to the rodeo grounds in advance of the rodeo.
- All contestants MUST successfully complete a pre-qualifying run at the Woodlake Lions Rodeo grounds held on Saturday, April 30 at 10 a.m. at Woodlake Lions Rodeo Grounds.
- Pre-qualification is required to ensure that both horse and rider are capable of safely completing the race.
- Contestants must be 18 years or older and provide their own horse and equipment.
- Horses will be saddled previous to the race.
- Contestants will start on north end of arena on foot while their horses are being held at the south end of the arena by a handler. (Handler must be provided by contestant.)
- After the start signal is given, contestants will run on foot to their saddled horse being held by their handler (provided by contestant).
- Contestant must then mount their horse, proceed out of the north end of the arena, then follow marked course through the entire race.
- Any detour from the previously marked boundaries will result in disqualification!
- Winner will be the first contestant who completes the course, still mounted and whose horse’s muzzle crosses a pre-determined finish line located in the rodeo arena.
- Any ties will be settled by a coin toss.
- $350 & buckle to 1st place each day as well as cash prizes for 2nd, 3rd and 4th places!
- Contestants may compete both days. Saturday’s winner will compete with a handicap on Sunday
Any and all discrepancies will be settled by a member of the Woodlake Lions Club Rodeo Committee. Committee members decision is FINAL!
Questions? Please contact Richard Clevenger at 559-804-4988